JCB Service Manager
Dennison JCB have an exciting opportunity for you to join our new team as a Full Time Service Manager. This position will be based in our local depot close to Ballyclare and will be responsible, on a daily basis for the efficient running of our technical service department.
Key Duties & Responsibilties:
· Day to day running of the Engineer team
· Control, measure and report on first time fix rate of Engineers
· Check the quality of completed job card write ups, ensuring that parts and labour are all accounted for
· Effectively liaise with Service Administration and Parts Departments to ensure smooth completion of jobs from start to finish
· Monitor, control and grow productivity, efficiency and utilisation of Engineer team
· Staff management for the Engineer team and managing team performance against set targets and deliverable outcomes.
· Proactively follow up on and address technical issues with customers in a timely fashion and forging long term customer relationships
· Address technical issues directly with JCB as and when required
· Building long term, cohesive working relationships with the wider JCB dealer network
· Ensure that all operational Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and JCB service processes, policies and guidelines are adhered to
· Review and report against set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) with Aftersales Manager and Managing Director on a regular basis
· Working alongside the Aftersales Manager to identify and develop future opportunities and strategies for growth and implementing processes to support these
· Ensure health and safety regulations and housekeeping procedures are adhered to in the workshop and outbuildings
· Maintaining personal appearance/presentation and working habits to reflect both the Company and brand image
· Other duties as commensurate with the position
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate must possess and be able to provide proof of, or demonstrate prior experience of, the following:
· Strong, relevant technical experience of plant/construction machinery maintenance/repair is essential
· Previous experience of having first line responsibility for managing a team of technical staff whilst also ensuring adherence to company processes and maintaining profitability for the company
· Strong, demonstrable experience of working in a technical service department is highly desirable
· Full driving licence
· Possess the ability to motivate a team and positively drive performance improvement in line with KPI’s
· Previous experience of reporting on team performance against KPI’s, developing and implementing processes for growth
· Possess the ability to stay calm when managing a range of different situations and be able to confront problems whilst remaining resilient to setbacks
· The ability to make informed, considerate decisions having due regard for all risk involved
· Previous experience of taking ownership of, and managing, all elements required to repetitively deliver a great customer experience to all customers, and implementing improvements where required
· Be a forward thinker who utilises effective time management skills to ensure the department runs fully utilised taking into account engineer resource
· Possess a strong commercial focus and fully understand the impact of factors affecting engineer efficiency and utilisation
· Have the ability to structure and pitch all communication at an appropriate level to meet the needs of a range of audiences
· Fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Outlook & Excel) as well as service system packages
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer a benefits package that includes generous holidays, pension scheme with generous employer contributions, a health cash plan, death in service benefit and a cycle to work scheme.
To apply for this vacancy, please click apply now at the bottom of this page.
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison JCB. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.