COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TECHNICIAN - DUNGANNON AND NEWRY
Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland. We are currently seeking a Full Time Commercial Vehicle Technician for our Dungannon and Newry Dealerpoint.
The successful candidate will be required to perform vehicle fleet inspections, diagnostic testing and carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs including the replacement of parts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completion of jobs from general servicing to fault finding, working on electrics and carrying out strips and rebuilds
- Ensuring repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures in a safe and responsible manner
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Standard Times using special tools where appropriate
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair
- Work with the parts team to ensure correct replacement parts are fitted to vehicles
- Road test vehicles if required (if holder of an HGV licence)
- Assist with Roadside breakdowns (if required to do so)
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to Workshop Supervisor
- Ensure service sheets are completed as per Company instructions
- Ensure Company time recording processes are complied with and job cards are completely accurately
- Ensure that workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment when appropriate
- Support the development of apprentices and trainees when required
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will be an experienced, time-served technician with a strong desire to develop their career within a progressive organisation.
Relevant truck, bus and trailer industry experience is essential.
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic
The successful candidates will:
- Insist on the highest quality of workmanship, whilst concentrating on efficiencies
- Have a desire to achieve ‘right first time’ on all workmanship
- Be reliable and have excellent timekeeping and attendance records
- Work with safety in mind at all times
- Be honest and courteous
- Be accountable
- Have a responsible and methodical attitude to work
- Be motivated and enthusiastic
- Have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business, using modern tools and equipment.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this vacancy please complete the online application form via the link below or download an application pack (downloadable by clicking here) and return to email@example.com or alternatively post to:
Lisa Millar Dennison Commercials Ltd 37 Hillhead Road Ballyclare County Antrim BT39 9DS
Please note: CVs will not be accepted. Only applications submitted on the relevant Dennison Commercials application form will be considered.
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.