Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland. We are currently seeking a Full Time Workshop Supervisor for our Coleraine Dealerpoint.
The successful candidate will be required to manage a team of commercial vehicle technicians and apprentices to perform vehicle fleet inspections, diagnostic testing and carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs including the replacement of parts.
This role will involve an element of time spent hands on carrying out mechanical repairs in the workshop to cover operational needs as required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Day to day responsibility for the smooth running of the depot workshop
· Job allocation, planning and execution taking account of technician capabilities
· Maximising staff utilisation and sold hours, ensuring high levels of workshop productivity
· Planning workshop space for maximum efficiency
· Ensuring all vehicles are road tested as required and appropriate
· Managing holidays and sickness absences to ensure adequate cover for scheduled work completion
· Coach technicians and apprentices to develop their skills, knowledge and capabilities
· Liaise with the training department to ensure technician availability to attend training courses
· Liaise closely with the parts department to ensure timely availability of required parts
· Ensure all job cards are signed off with the appropriate level and quality of information required
· Completion of quality checks to ensure adherence of “right first time” with regards to service, repair and PSV
· Check completed repair orders for accurate and whole information
· Ensure all defects are reported to the customer with quotes provided for every job
· Challenge technicians on efficiency, sold hours, lost time, vehicle cleanliness etc
· Manage maintenance issues in the workshop and arrange contractor repairs where necessary
· Ensure all health and safety regulations and procedures are adhered to in the Workshop in accordance with legal requirements and in line with Company guidelines
· Ad hoc duties as directed by Dealerpoint Manager or Directors
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Skills, Experience & Behaviours
· Strong technical product knowledge and background in heavy commercial vehicles is essential
· Previous supervisory/people management experience and experience of running a workshop is highly desirable
· PC literate and familiar with use of Microsoft Office
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally, in a professional manner
· Possess the ability to build and maintain strong, positive working relationships to drive customer loyalty and confidence with previous demonstrable experience of successful customer interactions
· Possess a strong commercial focus and fully understand the impact of factors affecting technician efficiency and utilisation
· Be self-motivated, with the ability to work under pressure using their own initiative
· Be proactive and flexible in approach to work
· Possess strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and adapt to changing operational business needs as required
· Possess a full, valid driving licence and HGV licence (highly desirable)
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business, using modern tools and equipment.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this vacancy please click apply now at the bottom of the page.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1:00pm on Tuesday 26th October 2021
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.