Riverpark Training and Dennison Commercials are seeking candidates to be assessors, tutors, trainers and lecturers in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
Come and work with Northern Ireland’s largest commercial vehicle franchise, help us to develop our apprentices and keep our technicians on top of their game and up to date with the latest developments. Work in excellent facilities, alongside a large and busy workshop, at the cutting edge of heavy vehicle maintenance and repair. We have dedicated training spaces, special tools, state of the art diagnostic equipment, and access to information, training and support from global manufacturers. We are investing heavily in the future of our industry.
Who might you be?
You may ……already be working in a training environment, either for a Further Education College or for another commercial vehicle or machinery franchise.
You may …….be working in education and have a strong interest in mechanics, heavy vehicles or machinery and plant.
You may ……. be a senior, experienced technician or workshop supervisor who is ready for something different and new. We will help the right candidates to work towards the necessary qualifications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop training content and deliver training to our apprentices at all stages of their apprenticeship in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Conduct apprentice assessments, build e-portfolios and complete apprentice Personal Development Plans in line with the apprenticeship framework
- Develop technical training information for our customer and internal dealership network
- Preparation, delivery and evaluation of technical training to internal Dennison Commercials technicians and service staff covering areas such as diagnostic equipment, online systems and other practical technical skills and processes
- Delivery of mandatory health and safety training to internal staff (manual handling etc)
- Building and maintaining professional links with Volvo UK learning and development team
- Generating, monitoring and managing staff training plans
- Completion of training needs analysis across the business
- Ensuring all staff completed target training hours
- Management of technician e-learning via Volvo portal
- Compliance with all ISO procedures and processes
- Ad hoc duties commensurate with the position
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate should be able to provide evidence or experience of the following:
· Candidate should have, be working towards, or be prepared to work towards a Certificate in Teaching qualification and an A1 Assessor qualification
· Delivering training as part of an apprenticeship framework
· Completion of apprentice Personal Development Plans and reviews, and portfolio assessments
· Delivering technical training to a range of audiences in a professional manner
· Identifying training needs and developing and managing tailored training plans
· Delivering training using a range of different techniques
· Previous experience of completing and presenting reports
· Excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt to a range of audiences possessing different levels of knowledge is essential
· The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and written
· Be commercially astute with a good level of financial awareness
· An excellent level of computer proficiency
· Full and clean driving licence
· Experience working within a similar industry
Desirable Skills, Qualifications & Experience
· Operational experience within a heavy goods vehicle environment
· Previous experience of delivering training within a heavy goods vehicle environment
· Knowledge of Volvo products and services
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic
The successful candidate will:
· Be accountable
· Be motivated, enthusiastic and energetic
· Possess a proactive, creative and flexible working approach
· Have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team, or work with minimal supervision and on their own initiative
· Have strong organisational skills and an ability to structure workload efficiently
· Be willing to accept change and have the ability and flexibility to adapt accordingly as business needs require
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a benefits package that includes generous holidays, and a generous company pension scheme, death in service benefit, health cash plan, cycle to work scheme, paid gym membership etc.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1:00pm on Friday 29th October 2021
To apply please click APPLY NOW at the bottom of the page.
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.