Parts Team Leader
Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland. We are currently seeking a Parts Team Leader for our main Ballyclare Depot.
• Day to day supervision of a team of parts staff - organising staff rotas (planning shifts and
ensuring holiday cover), conducting return to work interviews, probationary reviews,
performance appraisals, progress meetings etc
• Co-ordinating stock checks and discrepancy checks
• Creating and maintaining price support for parts cases
• Allocation of key customers to the parts team and follow up
• Liaison with Volvo on current promotions and implementation of these
• Submission of bonus claims
• Co-ordination of delivery van driver schedules
• Promoting parts sales targets
• Complying with all relevant health and safety regulations and best practice and promoting this
throughout the aftersales department
• Ad hoc duties commensurate with the position
Required Competencies, Values and Attitude
• Applications are sought from candidates with a parts background and a preference towards
those with motor factor / transport industry experience
• Previous experience of supervising staff would be highly desirable
• Must possess a responsible and methodical attitude to work
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and flexible with regards to working hours
• Must be open and honest and work at all times with integrity
• Teamwork - Must be an effective and supportive member of a high performing team that proactively supports others to achieve the overall targets.
• Adaptability – Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills /approaches, enjoys the challenge on unfamiliar tasks and is open to change.
• Must possess the drive to identify or anticipate future challenges or opportunities and take preventative measures to avoid problems
• Resilience - Pursues everything with energy, drive and seldom gives up before finishing,
especially in the face of resistance, setbacks or target deadlines.
• Communication – Can communicate (written & verbal) both internally and externally in a
coherent and professional manner at all times.
• Organisation – Can work methodically within defined processes and pays attention to detail.
• IT Skills – Ability to use common computer packages and systems
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a benefits package that includes generous holidays, pension scheme, health cash plan, death in service benefit, cycle to work scheme.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this vacancy please complete click apply now below!
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 4th August 2021 at 1:00pm
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.